Support for families when a parent works away
If you need some practical tips as the parent at home and especially managing the kids then its probably worth a read.
The Parenting Helpline’s trained parenting consultants can assist with questions, and provide information or guidance about any aspect of parenting including:
- how to manage the different challenges of parenting children from infancy and childhood through to the teenage years, such as toddler tantrums, teething, toilet training, sleep patterns, sibling rivalry, bullying, lying, puberty, drug and alcohol use.
- understanding the different stages of child development:
- by offering ideas on how to match parenting strategies to a child’s personality and temperament
- by suggesting ways to develop social networks in the community.
- changes in family situations, such as divorce, separation, step families, and grandparents becoming grandcarers.
- provide information on local community support, services, courses and workshops.
And even if its two in the morning and you just can’t get your little one to go to sleep then the help line is available 24/7 so give them a call 1800654432.